Update Tyler Rasch's Column On Korean + Learning A Novel Language



Tyler Rasch

JTBC 'Abnormal Summit' panelist


Column: [Abnormal Eyes of Tyler Rasch] Korean linguistic communication which you lot 'eat' rice cake soup, age, together with fifty-fifty friends


One of the questions I acquire the most is, "is Korean nutrient eatable for you? Isn't it besides spicy?" It's belike because I'm an American residing inwards Korea. But what's genuinely difficult is non the nutrient I eat, it's the appear 'to eat'. This verb is used inwards a diversity of situations together with thus it's difficult to empathise a lot of times. For example, when it's New Year, you lot don't only swallow rice cake soup, you lot also 'eat 1 to a greater extent than age'. So I was scared to acquire wrinkles on my brow equally I ate rice cake soup, which led to 'eating scariness'. When I flora that I genuinely got a wrinkle, I 'ate shock'. When I developed friendships, I fifty-fifty heard the judgement 'eating friends'. Looking at the uses of 'eat', you lot tin say how difficult Korean is.

No thing which province you lot alive in, eating together with enjoying the local nutrient is only equally of import equally learning the language. It helps you lot to accept a happy life. I genuinely similar Korean nutrient to the signal I sometimes forget what I used to swallow inwards America. At this rate, I bask the hot together with spicy Korean nutrient equally much equally a native Korean. I swallow everything including octopuses together with Korean-styled Western food. But I gauge I can't avoid my origin fifty-fifty though I genuinely beloved Korean food. There are moments where I desire to swallow the nutrient I used to swallow inwards America.

Days ago, person asked me what nutrient I wanted to swallow together with I got reminded of the odour together with the gustatory modality of the chicken I ate at a modest hamlet inwards Chicago. My oral fissure got watery together with my tummy fifty-fifty growled. There are many kinds of delicious chicken you lot tin swallow inwards Korea but Seoul chicken is Seoul chicken together with Chicago chicken is Chicago chicken. The demeanour upon of homesickness was strong. The feeling couldn't hold out described yesteryear the Korean appear "땡긴다" (tempting). It felt similar in that place was a hidden temptation deep within my pump ascent subsequently a long time. So I bluntly said inwards English linguistic communication that I normally avoid, "I'm having a craving for fried chicken".

After this incident, I realized that I sometimes desire to empathise together with limited my feelings, emotions, together with thoughts equally an English-speaker differently from a Korean. This must hold out 1 of the human instincts. Learning a novel language, peculiarly learning Korean equally a native English linguistic communication speaker is non only most the combat of studying vocabulary together with pronunciation. It's because learning a linguistic communication is the steps of looking at the world, agreement it, together with picking upwardly dissimilar perspectives together with a persuasion of the world. Acquiring properly inwards this agency could hold out a fast road of learning a language.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel