Update Alberto Mondi's Column On The Departure Betwixt Italian Together With Korean Cultures



Alberto Mondi

JTBC 'Abnormal Summit' panelist


Column: [Abnormal Eyes of Alberto Mondi] I desire to meet a 100-year-old cafe inwards Seoul


Before I switched to my electrical flow job, I used to piece of work at a beer companionship for 3 years. I had visited hundreds of java shops, bars, restaurants, lounges, as well as clubs inwards Seoul. I speedily got used to working every bit a drinkable salesman as well as working amongst Koreans. But in that location was 1 affair that I could never larn used to. It was a abrupt disappearance of a store I visited. To utter positively, it was Korean society's industrial dynamics dissimilar from Italy.

In Italy, people ever transcend to the same store as well as therefore they tin larn friends amongst the possessor as well as the workers similar a family. When I transcend to the eating theater that I've ever gone amongst my grandfather, I don't fifty-fifty await at the bill of fare because the waiter knows my family's favorites as well as serves it correct away. This is the life of Italians. The cake store where my mom bought snack for me later assist the volume on Sundays, the sandwich store I went later schoolhouse when I was inwards middle school, the java store I went to purchase hot chocolate inwards the freezing wintertime inwards high school, the bar I drank every bit I was watching soccer amongst my college friends, these shops are all the same inwards my hometown, Venice. They ever await the same as well as rest at the same places. They remind me of the onetime as well as happy memories.

The bars inwards my hometown had gone through some remodeling precisely most of them are older than 50 years. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 lot of them are fifty-fifty older than 100 years. In Italy, in that location are some shops that were opened inwards the Middle Ages roughly the 13th century. After 800 years, they're all the same beingness functioned the same way. Those places are remaining the history as well as therefore yous tin meet how the dry reason as well as the citizens bring been living through.

For example, inwards Toscana, Pisa, there's a famous cafe 'Caffè dell'Ussero' which started to locomote running yesteryear Agostini describe of piece of work solid unit of measurement since 1775. The cafe has gone through half-dozen generations of the family. In Venice, a cafe 'Florian' was opened inwards 1720. At the cafe, famous writers as well as philosophers similar Byron, Goethe, Rousseau, and Hemingway had drank java every bit they were writing nearly their urban lives inwards their literature work. Coffee shops, bars, as well as hotels bring a long-term history of the people who had visited the places.

To the people who are from this culture, a disappearance of the cafe where they've been drinking java for years is really shocking. But spell the same surroundings makes people comfortable, its flaw is that people volition locomote afraid of making changes. As a salesman working inwards Korea, I desire to tell Italian people, "don't locomote besides settled as well as bring novel challenges." To Korean people, I'd say, "it would locomote dandy if in that location are efforts made to proceed places amongst memories as well as histories to expand the charm of Korea."

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel