Update Personal Trouble Organization Human Relationship Of Getting Prk (Vision Correction Surgery)

Welp, hither goes nothing... I was asked to brand a postal service on my PRK surgery. I promise this postal service would endure helpful to those who are considering vision correction surgery. This is an AMA postal service too then if yous larn whatsoever question, delight comment too I'll answer.

I should briefly explicate the divergence betwixt LASIK too PRK. LASIK too PRK are both vision correction surgery. Here are the differences:
  • LASIK: Laser cuts the surface of the pump open, corrects the cornea, too closes dorsum the surface. It leaves a flap.
  • PRK: Laser cuts the surface of the pump open, corrects the cornea, too the medico puts on protective contact lenses you'll article of apparel for iii v days. The surface grows dorsum naturally.
With LASIK, in that location is a peril of the flap opening, although it virtually never happens. The expert side is that LASIK takes only a few days to heal too yous don't demand to avoid UV.
With PRK, there's no flap but it takes weeks months for your vision to achieve 20/20. Also it hurts a lot for the starting fourth dimension few days too yous receive got to avoid UV for the starting fourth dimension vi months past times wearing sunglasses.

Whether you'll larn alongside LASIK or PRK depends on the thickness of your cornea, your eyesight, too what risks you're willing to take. The worse your eyesight is, the to a greater extent than cornea the Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation volition cut. PRK is recommended to those alongside sparse cornea or rattling bad eyesight because it cuts less cornea than LASIK. The persuasion of having no flap is also an payoff of PRK. But the aftermath of PRK tin endure rattling annoying. Having done PRK, I had to article of apparel sunglasses everyday too I had bad pains on the 2nd day. Also don't forget that your vision grows tardily alongside PRK.

-
My PRK surgical physical care for was done inward May, 2017. (I'm gonna telephone phone vision correction surgical physical care for 'LASIK' for convenience) I got it done at a famous LASIK house inward Seoul, Korea. I'm non certain if I tin state the elevate of the house too then I'm merely gonna let on it's where SM artists larn their LASIK done.

I chose the house for 2 reasons. First, because I know a Korean acquaintance who got it done at that house vi years ago. He notwithstanding has 20/20 eyesight too recommended the place. Second, I wanted to larn it done at 1 of those huge places instead of small-scale places because they'd endure to a greater extent than experienced (solely my personal decision). There are well-known huge LASIK places inward Gangnam where tons of people larn to too sponsor celebrities. My house was 1 of them.

In Korea, LASIK places offering checkups for free. You brand an appointment, demo up, too they'll create 10 xx tests alongside your eyes to run across if you're a candidate. It takes 1 2 hours. Ideally, yous would larn checkups at iii v places too select where you'd larn your LASIK done. I got checkups at 2 places (the 1 I ended upward alongside too some other huge place). I wasn't impressed alongside the other place, though. The lady who did my checkup was sort of rushing too recommended me to larn LASIK when fifty-fifty I could state that my cornea was pretty sparse for LASIK.

With the 2 checkups I got, I opted for PRK instead of LASIK only because my eyesight is pretty bad (-5 too -8) too my cornea was merely higher upward the average thickness (500 550mm is the average, my 2 corneas were around 500mm). I was notwithstanding qualified for LASIK but I wasn't comfortable considering the cornea size. The determination was upward to me too I went alongside PRK. 

The surgical physical care for day:
I showed upward on the day, made the payment, they gave me pump drops & artificial tears, got explained on the pump drops, waited, walked into the room every bit my elevate was called, they took my blood (for making customized pump drops for dry out eyes), too went through the surgery. The surgical physical care for itself took less than 10 minutes.

Right after the surgery, they grade me inward a room to sit down downward for xv minutes alongside my eyes closed. I was in that location alongside similar 10 other people who also merely went through the surgery. After that, I was expert to go. I grade on the sunglasses I had brought too went dorsum to my dorm. I didn't come upward out for iii days too stayed alongside all lights off. I didn't forget to grade the pump drops & artificial tears.

On the quaternary day, I went dorsum for checkup too they removed the contact lenses I'd been wearing since the surgery. Checked my eyes too told me everything looked good. I had to larn dorsum 2 weeks afterwards for a 2nd checkup. Everything looked good, again. Third checkup was a calendar month after. Everything's cool. After that, I had to larn a monthly checkup for vi months. At every checkup, they also checked on my pump drops & adjusted the usage.

So far:
It's been xi months since the surgical physical care for too my eyesight is excellent, 20/20. It feels amazing to alive without wearing spectacles / contacts. It helped alongside my self-esteem too improved the lineament of my life. I'm glad I got PRK done too I don't regret my determination at all.
However - I receive got 2 side effects every bit well. My eyes became sensitive to the score of light. For example, when it's an even out too the sunlight is virtually gone, my sight looks darker than what it used to be. It's the lack of low-cal origin that affects my vision. I intend it's the contrast that went down? Anyways, it was rattling noticeable during the starting fourth dimension months but I got used to it. Also, my eyes were VERY dry out during the starting fourth dimension months. I've e'er suffered from terrible dry out eyes, too then having dry out eyes weren't novel but they were worse during the starting fourth dimension months. I lived on pump drops too notwithstanding do, but the amount of artificial tears I role has decreased significantly.

Yep, that's the cease of the post. Thanks for reading too AMA

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel