Personal Delineate Of Piece Of Employment Organization Human Relationship Of Getting Prk (Vision Correction Surgery)

Welp, hither goes nothing... I was asked to brand a post on my PRK surgery. I promise this post would hold out helpful to those who are considering vision correction surgery. This is an AMA post together with therefore if yous larn whatever question, delight comment together with I'll answer.

I should briefly explicate the deviation betwixt LASIK together with PRK. LASIK together with PRK are both vision correction surgery. Here are the differences:
  • LASIK: Laser cuts the surface of the midpoint open, corrects the cornea, together with closes dorsum the surface. It leaves a flap.
  • PRK: Laser cuts the surface of the midpoint open, corrects the cornea, together with the Dr. puts on protective contact lenses you'll article of apparel for three v days. The surface grows dorsum naturally.
With LASIK, in that location is a gamble of the flap opening, although it close never happens. The skillful side is that LASIK takes only a few days to heal together with yous don't demand to avoid UV.
With PRK, there's no flap but it takes weeks months for your vision to achieve 20/20. Also it hurts a lot for the get-go few days together with yous receive got to avoid UV for the get-go half-dozen months past times wearing sunglasses.

Whether you'll larn amongst LASIK or PRK depends on the thickness of your cornea, your eyesight, together with what risks you're willing to take. The worse your eyesight is, the to a greater extent than cornea the Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation volition cut. PRK is recommended to those amongst sparse cornea or really bad eyesight because it cuts less cornea than LASIK. The sentiment of having no flap is also an wages of PRK. But the aftermath of PRK tin hold out really annoying. Having done PRK, I had to article of apparel sunglasses everyday together with I had bad pains on the 2nd day. Also don't forget that your vision grows like shooting fish in a barrel amongst PRK.

-
My PRK surgical operation was done inward May, 2017. (I'm gonna telephone telephone vision correction surgical operation 'LASIK' for convenience) I got it done at a famous LASIK house inward Seoul, Korea. I'm non certain if I tin tell the elevate of the house together with therefore I'm but gonna discover it's where SM artists larn their LASIK done.

I chose the house for ii reasons. First, because I know a Korean acquaintance who got it done at that house half-dozen years ago. He even together with therefore has 20/20 eyesight together with recommended the place. Second, I wanted to larn it done at ane of those huge places instead of small-scale places because they'd hold out to a greater extent than experienced (solely my personal decision). There are well-known huge LASIK places inward Gangnam where tons of people larn to together with sponsor celebrities. My house was ane of them.

In Korea, LASIK places offering checkups for free. You brand an appointment, present up, together with they'll create 10 xx tests amongst your eyes to encounter if you're a candidate. It takes 1 2 hours. Ideally, yous would larn checkups at three v places together with select where you'd larn your LASIK done. I got checkups at ii places (the ane I ended upwards amongst together with some other huge place). I wasn't impressed amongst the other place, though. The lady who did my checkup was form of rushing together with recommended me to larn LASIK when fifty-fifty I could enjoin that my cornea was pretty sparse for LASIK.

With the ii checkups I got, I opted for PRK instead of LASIK only because my eyesight is pretty bad (-5 together with -8) together with my cornea was but inward a higher house the average thickness (500 550mm is the average, my ii corneas were to a greater extent than or less 500mm). I was even together with therefore qualified for LASIK but I wasn't comfortable considering the cornea size. The conclusion was upwards to me together with I went amongst PRK. 

The surgical operation day:
I showed upwards on the day, made the payment, they gave me midpoint drops & artificial tears, got explained on the midpoint drops, waited, walked into the room equally my elevate was called, they took my blood (for making customized midpoint drops for dry out eyes), together with went through the surgery. The surgical operation itself took less than 10 minutes.

Right after the surgery, they set me inward a room to sit down downwards for xv minutes amongst my eyes closed. I was in that location amongst similar 10 other people who also but went through the surgery. After that, I was skillful to go. I set on the sunglasses I had brought together with went dorsum to my dorm. I didn't come upwards out for three days together with stayed amongst all lights off. I didn't forget to set the midpoint drops & artificial tears.

On the quaternary day, I went dorsum for checkup together with they removed the contact lenses I'd been wearing since the surgery. Checked my eyes together with told me everything looked good. I had to larn dorsum ii weeks subsequently for a 2nd checkup. Everything looked good, again. Third checkup was a calendar month after. Everything's cool. After that, I had to larn a monthly checkup for half-dozen months. At every checkup, they also checked on my midpoint drops & adjusted the usage.

So far:
It's been eleven months since the surgical operation together with my eyesight is excellent, 20/20. It feels amazing to alive without wearing spectacles / contacts. It helped amongst my self-esteem together with improved the lineament of my life. I'm glad I got PRK done together with I don't regret my conclusion at all.
However - I receive got ii side effects equally well. My eyes became sensitive to the degree of light. For example, when it's an eve together with the sunlight is close gone, my sight looks darker than what it used to be. It's the lack of calorie-free origin that affects my vision. I intend it's the contrast that went down? Anyways, it was really noticeable during the get-go months but I got used to it. Also, my eyes were VERY dry out during the get-go months. I've ever suffered from terrible dry out eyes, together with therefore having dry out eyes weren't novel but they were worse during the get-go months. I lived on midpoint drops together with even together with therefore do, but the amount of artificial tears I piece of employment has decreased significantly.

Yep, that's the destination of the post. Thanks for reading together with AMA

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel